Thursday, April 30, 2009

Voodoo Tiki Anejo Tequila




I was also sent a bottle of Voodoo Tiki Anejo Tequila for review. If you read my review for the Blanco (Platinum Silver) bottle I have gotten over the mind blowing marketing, " Get Friki" and tequila University at

voodootiki.com/

and package that is presented with each bottle and am on to what it's really about, the tequila.

The bottle had all the bells and whistles as the blanco. The wax and tiki head are a tropical blue color. The tequila has a great anejo golden color. I tasted this the same as before, 2 ounces straight in a fluted glass. I could feel some burn with the platinum silver but with this anejo surprisingly no burn. The finish was distinctly pear-honey-like. Delicious agave to barrel ratio. I am usually a silver tequila person. I have met a new friend in this anejo tequila.

I also tried mixing it in the same margarita like recipe, for this drink, I prefer it to the platinum silver.

After a week of tasting these two ultra premium tequilas, the anejo bottle is somehow missing more liquid than the platinum silver. It's a good thing these bottles are works of art themselves, mine will be lacking tequila faster than I thought. As I mentioned with the blanco, this is a great product to have on your back bar, the comments from visitors in my house have already made sales for Voodoo Tiki Tequila.

No comments: