Thursday, August 28, 2008

Put the lime down, lemon with my Tequila, please.

I love blanco tequila.

I prefer blanco tequila because I can taste the product not the aging process. ( I do not have a favorite liquor, there are so many possibilities, no need to limit my taste buds. )

I adore Partida's Blanco Tequila. The history of it, of how a woman saw a bird fluttering around a sacred plant. A hole the bird had made in the plant enticed her to cut a hole in it only to find a medicinal drink for her people. The ancient volcanic soil, perfect pinas, and the sweet honey after taste even all by itself is a real treat for me.

Lemonada para ti

1 1/4 oz. Partida Blanco Tequila
3/4 oz. Amalfi Coast Limoncello
4 Basil Leaves
2 lemon wedges
2 sugar cubes
splash of Soda Water

In a pint glass add Limoncello, lemon wedges, sugar cubes and basil. Muddle gently. Fill with cubed ice and add tequila. Cap and shake until 2 oz of water is added to contents. Pour total contents into a Tall Collins glass and top with soda water. Garnish with a lemon wedge and petite basil leave. Can you hear the breeze?

No comments: